Subject: Re: Postfix
To: David Maxwell <>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/2000 23:09:56
At 21:57 Uhr +0200 14.8.2000, David Maxwell wrote:

>Mature is a strawman argument here, no it's not as old as sendmail,
>not much is. Maybe UVM should be ripped out too because it's not as
>mature as the old VM system?
>> > simpler,
>> No, it's not.  Anything represented by a jumble of a dozen daemons is
>> likely to be daunting to a newbie

>What a newbie will find out is this:
>(First lines from - aside from copyright and RCS tags)

[/etc/ snipped]

>I think the level of verbosity speaks for itself. Someone will be
>able to learn postfix much faster than sendmail.

Everyone has their favourite strawman, no?
Why not point the freshman sysadmin to

[TNF copyright snipped for brevity]

VERSIONID(`@(#)  $Revision: $')
define(`confAUTO_REBUILD', True)dnl
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Family=inet, address=, Name=MTA')dnl
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Family=inet6, address=::, Name=MTA6')dnl