Subject: Re: Postfix
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/2000 23:09:56
At 21:57 Uhr +0200 14.8.2000, David Maxwell wrote:

>Mature is a strawman argument here, no it's not as old as sendmail,
>not much is. Maybe UVM should be ripped out too because it's not as
>mature as the old VM system?
>
>> > simpler,
>>
>> No, it's not.  Anything represented by a jumble of a dozen daemons is
>> likely to be daunting to a newbie

>What a newbie will find out is this:
>
>(First lines from sendmail.cf - aside from copyright and RCS tags)

[/etc/sendmail.cf snipped]

>I think the level of verbosity speaks for itself. Someone will be
>able to learn postfix much faster than sendmail.

Everyone has their favourite strawman, no?
Why not point the freshman sysadmin to

	/usr/share/sendmail/cf/netbsd-proto.mc

divert(-1)

[TNF copyright snipped for brevity]

include(`../m4/cf.m4')
VERSIONID(`@(#)netbsd-proto.mc  $Revision: 1.4.2.1 $')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
define(`confAUTO_REBUILD', True)dnl
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Family=inet, address=0.0.0.0, Name=MTA')dnl
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Family=inet6, address=::, Name=MTA6')dnl

??

	hauke