Subject: Crash at boottime (GENERIC)
To: None <>
From: Technolord <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/2000 22:08:00
I just installed NetBSD-1.5Alpha (20000806)
The system is a K6-2, and the install goes painlessly.
Once I go for the reboot, the kernel GENERIC hangs just after the message
"allocated xx buffers. The exact message (I wrote it down, so I might be
mistaken) is:

uvm_fault(0xc0523300, 0x7e411000, 0, 3) -> 1
kernel: page fault trap, code = 0
stopped in swapper at vfs_op v_init_explicit+0x41: movl %edx, 0(%ebx,
%eax, 4)

Any hope?

I tried disabling everything (internal cache, external cache, slowdown the
memories, slowen the CPU, nothing changed.

msgbuf for the isntall step can be found at
TThank you for the support.

"To err is human, but for a real mess you need root's password"