Subject: Crash at boottime (GENERIC)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Technolord <torellip@arena.sci.univr.it>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/2000 22:08:00
I just installed NetBSD-1.5Alpha (20000806)
The system is a K6-2, and the install goes painlessly.
Once I go for the reboot, the kernel GENERIC hangs just after the message
"allocated xx buffers. The exact message (I wrote it down, so I might be
mistaken) is:

uvm_fault(0xc0523300, 0x7e411000, 0, 3) -> 1
kernel: page fault trap, code = 0
stopped in swapper at vfs_op v_init_explicit+0x41: movl %edx, 0(%ebx,
%eax, 4)

Any hope?

I tried disabling everything (internal cache, external cache, slowdown the
memories, slowen the CPU, nothing changed.

msgbuf for the isntall step can be found at
http://arena.sci.univr.it/~torellip/msgbuf
TThank you for the support.

.-= tECHNOLORD tHE hELLRAiSER .-=
"To err is human, but for a real mess you need root's password"