Subject: Re: ftp - very slow
To: Chan Yiu Wah <c5666305@hkstar.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/13/2000 19:38:07
Chan Yiu Wah writes:
> Hello,
>
> I update my system, i386, a few days ago and found that the ftp is
> incredible slow (19kb/s even low).  The network setup is as follow:-
>

> +-----+
> | HUB | 10/100M
> +-----+
>  +-------> machine 1 (netbsd, i386) 10M
>  +-------> machine 2 (netbsd,i386) 10M
>
> Any idea ?

Verify the speed and duplex of your interfaces on each machine.  It is
possible that a driver was updated that is causing one NIC to try 100Mbit/s
mode.
Please provide more information about the ethernet adapters in each machine
and the "HUB 10/100M" along with the dmesg output for the ethernet adapters.

I would assume your "HUB" is a 10/100 dual-speed hub?  Look at the output
of 'ifconfig -ma' and verify your media settings for each card.

-Andrew