Subject: Re: Postfix
To: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
From: Pete Naylor <pete@supernal.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/2000 12:00:37
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote...

> mason@primenet.com.au (Geoff Wing) writes:
>
> > building of Postfix used to be dependant upon BUILD_POSTFIX or MAKE_POSTFIX
> > or something.  Can we have a NO_POSTFIX variable (like NO_SENDMAIL) please
> > so that people who already have a mail program don't get this stuff in a
> > ``make build''.
>
> Why?  Do sendmail and postfix as built and installed conflict with
> anything?  I thought the /etc/mailer.conf stuff fixed all that?

Why are both sendmail and postfix included at all?  Surely one MTA in the
distribution is enough (or perhaps even too much)... postfix (and all the
other MTAs such as my favourite - exim) should be packages which people
can choose to download/install if they wish.  I suppose the base
distribution will include several variations on the HTTP daemon theme
next.  *sigh*

--
Pete Naylor