Subject: Re: NetBSD Terminal Server Advice???
To: None <,>
From: Ben Harris <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/10/2000 22:29:35
In article <> you write:
>Any recommendations on netbsd-friendly usb-to-serial converters?

Not very helpful, but I can tell you that the Xircom (previously Entrega)
ones aren't supported.  I've got to the point where I can write programs to
run on the adaptor, but I haven't yet got one to talk USB afterwards, and
NetBSD/arm26 keeps distractimg me.

>I picked up a DLINK DSB-S25 a while ago thinking it "would just work"
>since netbsd has USB modem support.  Nope.  It does print out
>something and if I knew enough about the ugen device perhaps I could
>make it do something as a ugen.

The ugen device is very well documented, ISTR in ugen(4).  The fun bit is
getting documentation for the device.

Portmaster, NetBSD/arm26               <URL:>