Subject: Re: NetBSD Terminal Server Advice???
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/10/2000 12:38:09
tls@rek.tjls.com (Thor Lancelot Simon) writes:
> I am convinced, as I have been for quite some time, that the right way
> to do this is with USB serial adapters.  That way, you can run *one* cable
> to a rack of machines, split things out with USB hubs on the rack, and have
> a clean, inexpensive solution that even does DMA at the host end.

Any recommendations on netbsd-friendly usb-to-serial converters?

I picked up a DLINK DSB-S25 a while ago thinking it "would just work"
since netbsd has USB modem support.  Nope.  It does print out
something and if I knew enough about the ugen device perhaps I could
make it do something as a ugen.

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>