Subject: Re: NetBSD Terminal Server Advice???
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/10/2000 12:38:09 (Thor Lancelot Simon) writes:
> I am convinced, as I have been for quite some time, that the right way
> to do this is with USB serial adapters.  That way, you can run *one* cable
> to a rack of machines, split things out with USB hubs on the rack, and have
> a clean, inexpensive solution that even does DMA at the host end.

Any recommendations on netbsd-friendly usb-to-serial converters?

I picked up a DLINK DSB-S25 a while ago thinking it "would just work"
since netbsd has USB modem support.  Nope.  It does print out
something and if I knew enough about the ugen device perhaps I could
make it do something as a ugen.

       Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
Coming soon: GPS mapping tools for Open Systems.