Subject: Re: NetBSD Terminal Server Advice???
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: C Kane <ckane@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/10/2000 10:49:45
We use the Cyclades-Y series.  The picture on the left in
http://www.cyclades.com/y-series.html

One host card can support 8, 16, 24, or 32 serial ports.  One PC
can support up to four of the host cards, so up to 128 serial ports
per PC.

I believe these are smaller and about half the price of the
Cyclades-Z series.  The Cyclades-Y might not do as well with
lots of serial traffic, but with low-throughput 9600-baud consoles
there haven't been any problems with that.

If the patch that Bill Sommerfeld and I wrote ever gets committed, then
they work quite well.  I can send it to you (or anyone) if they need it.

cy0 at pci1 dev 1 function 0: interrupting at irq 9
cy0: 32 ports

-- Chuck