Subject: Re: How about a common mini-install cd image for each port?
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/2000 15:51:12
[thread moved from port-{alpha,pmax,sparc,vax}]

<kpneal@pobox.com> (Kevin P. Neal) writes:

> Last time I read the documentation the process of making a multi-platform
> boot CD was dependent on having all of the platforms available so things
> like installboot could be run. What would be involved with merging all
> the installboot progs together? What else would be needed (other than
> some scripting) to have process of building a multi-platform CD automated?

Merging them might be nice, but could be a bear of a project. Lots of
conflicting tasks and options.

However, the various versions of installboot should build and run on
different platforms than the one that they target, so you should be
able to do it all on one machine.

        - Nathan