Subject: prepeneded underscores in gcc
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/2000 13:31:10
Dear NetBSDers,
   I am trying to port Modula-3 to NetBSD-1.5 and ran into a slight
problem with gcc.  It appears that under 1.4 and earlier a C identifier
has an underscore prepended to it while under 1.5 there is no such
identifier.  The cross compiler I have produces assembler with the
prepended underscrore and I was able to things to port to 1.4.  Under 1.5
however the c code which is compiled generates symbols without the
prepended underscore and then link fails because the assembler source has
the underscores.
   Is there a way to coax gcc to produce underscores in its code
generation under 1.5?

johnh...