Subject: missing dump switch
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Roark <roark@bitbox.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/2000 11:01:23
I recently installed 1.4.2 in a Alphaserver 400. I had been running a
different *BSD, but decided to switch. I sat down to put my nightly back up
script into cron and discovered that the version of dump installed does not
support the -a (auto-size) switch that enforce writing until an
end-of-media indication is returned. It has been so long since I have had
to put specifics into the dump script that I have forgotten how to arrive
at the capacity.

Is there a reason that dump in 1.4.2 doesn't support -a?

Thanks,

Michael