Subject: Re: smc ethernet users?
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/01/2000 12:21:45
Allen Briggs writes:
> I've made changes to the smc91cxx (sm0) driver to support the 91c100
> and 91c100FD cards and the MII interface.  I needed this for support
> of the AsanteFAST 10/100 nubus ethernet controller on mac68k.  I don't
> have any way to test the older ISA or PCMCIA cards, though--which were
> already working (supposedly ;-), so I'm looking for someone to confirm
> that my changes haven't broken anything for the other cards.  Also, if
> there are some FEAST (91c100 or 91c100FD) cards out there that weren't
> fully supported, I'd be interested to know if they're working now.
>
> If I don't hear anything negative in the next couple of days, I'm going
> to submit the changes for pullup to 1.5.

I have an 'sm' in a docking station for my old laptop.  I'll try to test
it before the weekend.  Or if you could provide a prebuilt kernel that
would help so I don't have to checkout 1.5B on it.

Any thoughts about an EISA frontend?  I have a couple of the SMC 10/100
EISA cards.  And old 486/66 EISA machines that might like 100Mbit/s. :)

-Andrew