Subject: LKM examples
To: None <>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/31/2000 12:29:48
Having compiled my kernel with LKM included (yes, I'm sure; modstat
returns, obviously without any modules right now... but modstat would
return an error if LKM weren't enabled, no?), I had really hoped the
examples in /usr/share/lkm would work. But they don't:

cygnus:syscall/module# uname -a                                            [57]
NetBSD cygnus 1.5_ALPHA NetBSD 1.5_ALPHA (SCINTILA) #2: Mon Jul 24 15:58:46 PDT 2000     root@cygnus:/usr/src/sys/arch/macppc/compile/SCINTILA macppc
cygnus:syscall/module# whoami                                              [58]
cygnus:syscall/module# pwd                                                 [59]
cygnus:syscall/module# make load                                           [60]
modload -o newsyscall -enewsyscall combined.o
modload: can't reserve memory: Operation not permitted
*** Error code 9

Is this a macppc thing?

       ~ g r @