Subject: Re: pathetic vr0 performance in 100btFDX
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/28/2000 02:24:35
> > That smells like an NWAY problem. Which PHY does it have?
> dmphy0 at vr0 phy 8: DM9101 10/100 media interface, rev. 0
> dmphy0: 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto
>
> Interesting! Under 1.4.2 it was "ukphy" instead.

It was suggested in private email that I try disabling dmphy to see what
the ukphy behavior was.

Good Lord. 6.15 Mb/sec with ukphy.

There is definitely a bug in dmphy :)

A quick check of dmphy.c shows no debug printf's to enable, so I'll see
if explicitly picking various media options has any effect. Otherwise I'm
dependent on Those More Knowledgeable Than I to tell me what I should do
to diagnose this.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com