Subject: Re: DESTDIR build does not use newly built libraries in libasn1?
To: Bill Sommerfeld <>
From: Olaf Seibert <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/27/2000 10:26:17
On Mon 10 Jul 2000 at 19:29:33 -0400, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
>    Also, I get complaints like
>    Unknown modifier 'O'
>    Unknown modifier '@'
>    although I built make first, and am using it.
> Are you sure the make sources you're using are up to date?

I found out, that if I install the new make also in /usr/bin, then it
works.  I also need to install the new mk files in /usr/share/mk, I
noticed (a new one was added recently, it seems).

So even though I invoked make as $DESTDIR/usr/bin/make -m
$DESTDIR/usr/share/mk , somewhere along the way the normal (old)
/usr/bin/make gets invoked and the -m option also gets lost.

I guess I should find out how that happens and file a pr when I do.

___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder   -- Ah only did well at school
\X/      -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.
Hi! I am a .signature virus. Copy me into your .signature to help me spead.