Subject: Re: Nice comparisation figures with *BSD, Linux and Solaris
To: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/25/2000 09:31:52
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:

# One question though... uhm... we're now at 1.5C ... but i cant see any
# sign yet of the UBC in -current (head) ... or am i really missing
# things!!! I normally run NetBSD/arm32, NetBSD/sparc and sometimes
# NetBSD/pmax (not updated that often) and NetBSD/alpha (waiting for
# repairs).

1.5C and we haven't hit release yet.  I didn't think we hit the letter
releases until _after_ a release, i.e. once a release CYCLE starts, isn't
-current supposed to stay in sync until the actual release and then it
picks up the dev branch again?

What'd I miss?  1.5 isn't due out until after the RSA patent expires.
Not to mention that, since 1.5_ALPHA is the most recent (i.e. we
haven't seen _BETA or 1.5 proper), 1.5 isn't really considered stable.

				--*greywolf;
--
BSD: the second best thing you can get for free