Subject: Re: i386 xterm key bindings
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 07/25/2000 15:38:24
On Tue 04 Jul 2000 at 01:33:12 -0400, Andrew Gillham wrote:
> ... without having to do an 'stty erase <-' each time. :(

I have two aliases on some system to cope with that:

alias ^H='stty erase ^H'
alias ^?='stty erase ^?'

(not cut-paste-able) so I only have to hit the <- key and enter to make
it the erase key. I stole this idea from somebody else though, and it
may not work in all shells if they are strict about alias names.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder   -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl      -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.