Subject: Re: -current support for xircom PCMCIA cards?
To: Eric Fox <eric@fox.phoenix.az.us>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/24/2000 21:53:28
On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 06:42:14PM -0700, Eric Fox wrote:
> I've had very good luck installing on one of these using both an install
> floppy and CD by booting off the install floppy, and slicing/formating the
> hard-drive, then exiting sysinstall and manually copying the install
> kernel to the hard-drive.  You can then swap the floppy/CD drives, boot
> the install environment from the hard-drive, and finish by installing the
> sets from CD.
>
> Of course, this was when we had a single boot-floppy install ... haven't
> tried it recently with the current multi-floppy images.

Hrm. I think I tried that, but couldn't actually find the install
kernel on the memory image mounted from the floppy... but maybe I can
download an install kernel, tar it to a floppy and install that way?

That's much better than sneakernetting the kern and base packages
across to the machine, so I'll give it a shot...

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net