Subject: CompactFlash readers, et al.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/21/2000 15:18:32
SanDisk makes a couple of CompactFlash<->USB devices.  I have one which
does not work under NetBSD, model #SDDR-05.  SanDisk can't support it,
because they didn't really make it.  They also have one called SDDR-31, which
is a newer model.  This one probes as a "umass" under FreeBSD, which suggests
that it probably works under NetBSD also.  Anyone tried it?

Anyway, I'm still getting reliable lockups trying to interact with
CompactFlash in a CardBus slot in -current.  :)

The next thing on my curiousity list is a three-way gizmo someone makes for
macs, which has a regular floppy, smartmedia, and compactflash drive, all
in a single USB case.  This would be really cool if we support all the right
stuff (including FAT12), because it would allow my laptop to talk to
everything.  :)

-s