Subject: PCMCIA Daemon
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/21/2000 17:00:37
Hi, I'm writing a daemon that executes a specified script when a PCMCIA
card is inserted. Unfortunately, the way I'm doing it now, it only works
for ethernet devices and (probably) takes more resources than it
should. What I'm doing is running through an infinite loop, each time
walking through a struct ifaddrs. If the device specified on the command
line is in the list, and the device is down, the program executes
/etc/pcmcia/config/<device name>. Is there a way I could have the program
wait and listen for any card to be inserted, rather than constantly
looping and checking? That way not only would the program take less
resources (IMO), but it could also be used for any PCMCIA device.

Thanks,
Jared