Subject: Re: CMU ver 2.4.3 bootp program
To: None <,,>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 07/19/2000 11:03:51
> I have a copy of the CMU bootp program group.  [...]  It successfully
> compiled on my NetBSD machine.  Well, sort of.  It generated a number
> of warnings, my guess is that it was looking for a true UNIX host,
> rather then a BSD anything type host to compile on.

Implying that BSD *isn't* "true UNIX", without being more precise about
what you mean by "true UNIX", is liable to garner you little but flames

> Especially since the make file called the C compiler using a well
> known alias CC, which is what the Founders called their C compiler.

Actually, the Founders called their C compiler cc, not CC.  In my
experience, when CC exists it's a C++ compiler....

It's also not clear why anyone here would care about the CMU bootp
daemon when NetBSD already ships with a bootp daemon - if you have
reason to believe the stock NetBSD one is broken, you're more likely to
get helpful reactions if you explain why you think so.

					der Mouse