Subject: Questions regarding dump
To: Current NetBSD users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/2000 13:01:08
1.  Is dump supposed to rewind/eject the medium if possible between
volumes?

2.  Are we ever going to effectively obsolete the size/density parameters
so that it just detects EOT if they are not specified, or are we going
to remain in the dark ages where all tapes are 600 bpi, 1200 ft reels?

Yeah, I know, I'm one to talk about the dark ages, but I think there's
a difference between adapting to current technology and tacking on chrome
where none's needed.  This one ain't chrome.

				--*greywolf;

	/* Need OpenSource servers?  Try BSD - Solid as a Rock. */