Subject: Re: 1.5Alpha pppd problems
To: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/2000 12:19:41
On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 11:16:49AM -0600, Brook Milligan wrote:
> Why noauth?  I'm need authentication because I run pppd directly from
> getty.  Could this be the problem?  How does the 1.5Alpha

You want the client to authentify itself to the server, but not the server
to the client, rigth ?

> authentication for pppd interact with 1.4.2 clients?  Authentication

I don't really know, I don't use ppp authentification (it's done by mgetty in
my setup).

> seems to be the major hassle for 1.5Alpha systems on IP4/non-kerberos
> networks; is this another fallout from that?

I don't think, pppd authetification is independant.

Don't you get any debug messages ? You may want to add
*.debug				/var/log/debug
in /etc/syslog.conf