Subject: Re: bktr can't map memory
To: Frode Vatvedt Fjeld <frodef@acm.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/16/2000 22:09:13
On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 04:28:17PM +0200, Frode Vatvedt Fjeld wrote:
> David Maxwell <david@vex.net> writes:
> > I get this message while booting a bktr in an Athalon 750
> >
> > bktr0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0
> > bktr0: couldn't map memory

The only other two cards are Ethernet and VGA. I'll try yanking the
Ether and try other VGAs, and different slots.

> With FreeBSD (I believe the driver is shared with NetBSD), this also
> suddenly started happening on my machine. The card/driver used to
> work, and my HW configuration is not changed, so I guess something
> happened with the driver. I haven't looked much into it, though..

Hmm. I have the same driver on both machines tested - I scp'd the
sources. Once I unpack the machines (from Comdex) I'll look at the
driver too.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive