Subject: Spontaneous reboot with 1.5_ALPHA kernel from 2000.07.15...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 07/16/2000 06:03:27
I just returned home to find that my box has rebooted (spontaneously)
a couple hours ago. Sadly, I have no details, other than that I'd built
a kernel from yesterday's 1.5_ALPHA sources. If I note anything, I'll
of course forward it along.

The only activity that was likely going on was an NFS-based kernel
build, where another box was running the build using space on the
one that crashed. The box running the build is my SPARCstation 10,
which has been consistently seeing serious problems with NFS slowness
since moving to 1.5_ALPHA.

I'm just mentioning this in case anyone else has seen similar behaviour
with very recent 1.5_ALPHA kernels...

--
   Mason Loring Bliss   mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us             E w i g e
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  Meerschweinchenkraft