Subject: Re: fxp full-duplex broken under 1.5_ALPHA?
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: Erich T. Enke <Erich.T.Enke@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/15/2000 01:33:28
On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Jeff Rizzo wrote:

> > I'll try and send out some more detailed tests when I'm able.  What sorts
> > of things do you need to see?
>
> The problem is 100% repeatable in the machine I set up yesterday (which,
> unfortunately, I can't mess with), but assuming I can duplicate
> it in another machine (with one of the cards that had problems in the
> first machine) on Monday, what do you need from me?  I'm willing to
> help out in whatever capacity to see this get fixed in 1.5.  (And 1.4.3,
> if the problem exists on that branch!... I can test that too, if need be.)

It won't be me that can debug this.  I've already mucked around in the
code a little and concluded I know too few of the issues going
on.  There'd be several things I'd have to learn along the way.  This will
be better handled by the likes of Jason Thorpe, and it was mostly to him I
addressed the question of what tests need be done.

Erich