Subject: Re: fxp full-duplex broken under 1.5_ALPHA?
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/15/2000 08:27:54
> > I assume this is an nsphy?
>
> Yes, I've just verified that.  (We just brought the machine up on the
> network)

This is probably the same problem I happen to have (see PR 10550). I couldn't
test 100 MBit half duplex, but it works in 10 MBit half duplex mode and
doesn't in 100 MBit full duplex.

I am no longer sure I ever used that card with NetBSD in full-duplex mode,
but of course it works full duplex with Win2K.

> fxp0 at pci0 dev 13 function 0: Intel i82557 Ethernet, rev 1

Most people have later revisions of that board (actually using i82559,
IIRC), mine is a rev 1 board too.

Any educated guess wether this could be a i82557 vs. i82559 difference or
depend on the nsphy?

Martin