Subject: fxp full-duplex broken under 1.5_ALPHA?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: current-users
Date: 07/14/2000 12:50:41
Apologies for not having better, more precise data (I may be able to get
that in a week or two), but I ran into a problem yesterday when moving
a machine from 1.3.2 to 1.5_ALPHA. (It was a complete reinstall of a
previously decommissioned machine, rather than an attempt at upgrade)

The ethernet interface, which is using the fxp driver, no longer
operates correctly in full-duplex mode.  It can see traffic on the
wire, but nothing sent out is seen by any other machines.

Being as how I needed the machine for its intended purpose ASAP, I just
hardwired it to half-duplex, but this same hardware *did* work in full
dup under 1.3.2.  (In fact, I've still got two machines with the
same ethernet cards in production under 1.3.2)

Is this a known problem?  Unfortunately, I won't be able to get boot
messages from the machine until either later today, or Monday.  I
wanted to make sure I didn't forget the issue between now and then...

+j

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz