Subject: Re: fxp full-duplex broken under 1.5_ALPHA?
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Erich T. Enke <Erich.T.Enke@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/14/2000 19:37:46
On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

>  > Is this a known problem?  Unfortunately, I won't be able to get boot
>  > messages from the machine until either later today, or Monday.  I
>  > wanted to make sure I didn't forget the issue between now and then...
>
> Not that I know of.  I've been using fxps in full-duplex w/
> 1.5_ALPHA constantly, just 10 minutes ago, even.

I assume this is an nsphy?

We have a couple of those here and are still having troubles with
them.  The move to phys between 1.3 branch and 1.4 branch broke something,
because anything above 1.3.3 we have to hard code to 100Hdx, and
autonegotiation doesn't work much at all.  I have yet to try
1.5_ALPHA... I'll be able to set that up hopefully within the week.

But yes, this _was_ a problem and had been bug-reported, but closed when
only some of the affected parties felt it to be fixed.  We've had problems
with it since, just haven't said anything because the machine in question
was still 1.3.3 and we've been able to get by alright.

I'll try and send out some more detailed tests when I'm able.  What sorts
of things do you need to see?

Erich Enke
Wheaton College Science Division