Subject: Re: Using NetBSD any version as a server
To: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/2000 08:37:11
In message <NEBBILPGILJOMAFJGIPAMEAGCGAA.hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>, "Greg
g C Levine" writes:
>Hello from Gregg C Levine usually with Jedi Knight Computers

Howdy!

>Could NetBSD be used as a server? That is, for the exact same applications
>that you'd use Linux, or even Windows?

The *exact* same applications?  I don't think Diablo II runs on NetBSD, so
it can hardly replace Windows.  As to Linux, probably.  It depends on how
exact you want to get.  There is almost certainly at least one specific
program which runs on Linux but not on NetBSD.  There will also be at least
one that runs on NetBSD, but not on Linux.  In general, I would expect them
to be roughly comparable.  NetBSD may get better reliability, and I find it
much more pleasant to work with.

-s