Subject: Re: dhcpd working under 1.5B?
To: None <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/06/2000 13:08:31
I had that problem with dhcpd, too. If I recall correctly, according to Ted
it was due to my using both dhcpd and dhclient on the same machine. He made
a fix (which works!) on the trunk, and requested a pullup to the 1.5
release branch. Possibly it hasn't been pulled up yet (I did "cvs update
-A" in the dhcp directory and did make install, so I'm running with dhcp
binaries from the trunk, and everything else from the release branch).

Now my problem is that dhclient prints out several dozen diagnostic
messages every second until I kill it (or until /var is full).