Subject: Re: ftp timeouts disregard IDLE
To: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/05/2000 17:36:18
On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Laine Stump wrote:

# At 03:44 PM 7/5/00 -0700, Grey Wolf wrote:
#
# >When I connect, I issue the command "idle 7200", which should set the
# >idle timeout to 2 hours.  I figure that if I tickle the control session
# >every now and then, as an mput should be doing every time it initiates
# >a transfer, the connection should be continuing smoothly as long as
# >another transfer is initiated before the idle timeout.
#
# I would *hope* that transferring data would also count against the idle
# timer - what if you were transferring one extremely long file over a slow
# link? Nothing is more frustrating than having to restart a transfer after
# several hours of seeming progress.

The thing is that none of the files takes more than forty-five minutes;
a two-hour timeout should be adequate.

"Theh's something scwewy going on awound heaw..." -- E. Fudd

				--*greywolf;

		Hi.  I'm not an amoeba in a petri dish.