Subject: Re: i386 xterm key bindings
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/04/2000 01:33:12
Jonathan Stone writes:

> 1.5_ALPHA.   The machine to which  I was  rlogin'ing is running
> a 1.4.1 kernel, and either 1.4. or 1.4.1 userland.
>
> What I *want* is to revert to something more compatible with the 1.4.x
> behaviour: i.e., soemthing compatible with the rest of the world.

It is a good thing you're not using NetBSD/i386 with a PS/2 _and_ USB
keyboard!  Backspace ("<-") on the PS/2 keyboard generates '^?' while
the USB keyboard generates '^H' for the very same key.

Talk about confusing!  I can't switch back and forth (why would I want
to you ask?) without having to do an 'stty erase <-' each time. :(

Why this is I can not say, for brighter minds than mine have lit the
way.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | NetBSD ist Affengeil.
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | Nachts ist es kaelter
I speak for myself, not for my employer.  | als draussen.