Subject: Re: HPT366
To: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/2000 15:19:32
At 07:39 PM 7/3/00 +0000, Jorgen Lundman wrote:

>> Manuel Bouyer has committed support to NetBSD-current for the >
HighPoint HPT366 IDE Controller. It should work properly with > both
>>     standard and Ultra/66 cables. Support for the HPT370 was
>> also added, but is untested as of this moment. If you have any >
problems please
>>    report them with send-pr(1).
>
>Ahh don't suppose someone knows how to "enable" this? I booted -current,
>but see no mention of it in dmesg, or GENERIC. Don't have -current
>man-pages.  Anyone want to throw me a bone?:)

I'm seeing the HPT 366 controller on an Abit BP6 just fine with the GENERIC
kernel (sources about 3 days old) - it comes up as a 3rd pciide (after the
two regular channels), ie pciide2:

  pciide2 at pci0 dev 19 function 1: Triones/Highpoint HPT366/370 IDE
                                     Controller (rev. 0x01)
  pciide2: bus-master DMA support present
  pciide2: primary channel wired to native-PCI mode
  pciide2: using irq 11 for native-PCI interrupt

(I don't have any disks attached to it at the moment).

Do you perhaps have your HPT controller disabled in the BIOS? Are drives on
that bus working okay when you boot with a different OS?