Subject: kerberos in 1.5ALPHA (i386)
To: None <>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/2000 11:29:44
I had kerberos (crypto-us) working in 1.4Z.  I'd get K5 & K4 tickets at
login, and things worked.  Now, using 1.5ALPHA, using the same krb5.conf,
nothing kerberos works.

% telnet -ax
Connected to
Escape character is '^]'.
Unknown error: 2529638918 while getting initial credentials
Login incorrect
bb# kinit gendalia
gendalia@CC.IASTATE.EDU's Password:
kinit: krb5_get_init_creds: Client not found in Kerberos database

Ok, in krb5.conf, should be using realm IASTATE.EDU.
Does krb5.conf's configuration style differ between Heimdal & MIT, or
what's going on?

(I've been advised to send-pr the problems I see, but crypto kerberos
must be working for someone, right?  How?)

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager