Subject: Re: vnode: table is full
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@dillema.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/2000 13:12:56
On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 05:07:15PM -0700, Chuck Silvers wrote:
> the default value for kern.maxvnodes is pretty low for modern PCs...
> I sysctl it to 20000 on my machine (which has 256MB) and it works fine.
> the best value will depend on how much RAM your system has and
> the behaviour patterns of applications you run, so you'll have to
> experiment a bit.
Ok, thanks! It would be nice if some more info was available somewhere
on all the tunable sysctl (and kernel config) parameters. I know this
is often no exact science, but some documented experience and
guidelines would already be very handy for newcomers to such things.
Ah well... I guess once I am experienced enough I should write it
myself ;}

Feico.