Subject: Hardware Crypto Acceleration?
To: None <>
From: Secret Asian Man <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/2000 21:30:23

Playing with IPsec here, and I can get about 1.5MB/sec using Cast-128 and SHA-1 between two boxes using software. Is anyone working on Hardware Crypto Acceleration support for NetBSD, a la the support in Free/Open?

I mean, I can saturate a T-1, but I need to handle multiple connections, etc and it would be nice to be able to upgrade to a hardware solution (and still use NetBSD) in the future...

Christopher Kyin-hwa Chen <>
WARNING: May contain Fat Electrons. Do not use in sensitive
electronic equipment without appropriate protection.