Subject: Re: tlp won't do full duplex
To: Jim Bernard <jbernard@mines.edu>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/2000 09:35:45
On Sun, Jul 02, 2000 at 08:54:45AM -0600, Jim Bernard wrote:

 >   Unfortunately, that doesn't work with the tlp.  It defaults to 10baseT and
 > half duplex, so I need to specify 100baseT to get the higher speed, and
 > whether I specify full-duplex or not (or even -mediaopt full-duplex), the
 > full-duplex light on the switch goes out.

Right, you have a tlp card which does not have Nway support in the
driver, yet.

I would like to get this fixed before 1.5 is released.

Note that if you have tlp-supported card that uses a separate PHY, then
all this works correctly (mostly because the PHYs are *MUCH* easier
to program).

Now, wrt. it failing to work when you hard-wire 100TX-FDX on the tlp
end, blame the badly specified IEEE 802.3u standard.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>