Subject: Re: can't migrate master key to Heimdal
To: Aidan Cully <aidan@kublai.com>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 07/01/2000 21:11:06
Aidan Cully <aidan@kublai.com> writes:

> Second: Heimdal refuses outright all master keys that aren't enctype
> ETYPE_DES_CBC_MD5.  Mine was ETYPE_DES_CBC_CRC.  I haven't dug
> around enough to find out if it won't also accept DES_CBC_CRC...

As long as you use a des key you should be ok, the code is just a bit
silly right now. But this won't really help you, since we (probably)
don't encrypt the same way as the Cambridge folks do anyway.

I'm working on a utility for reading MIT dump-files.

Discussion about these matters (including, and especially, ideas on
how to make this smooth), is most likely best discussed on
heimdal-discuss@sics.se.

/Johan