Subject: Yet another build failure
To: #List NetBSD current users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/25/2000 22:46:44
This time, on my mac68k - again, with sources current as of this
morning.  And this time, I cleaned everything just to make sure it
wasn't due to stale files.   :)

building shared object c library
ranlib libc_pic.a
building shared c library (version 12.62)
ld -x -shared  -o libc.so.12.62    --whole-archive libc_pic.a --no-whole-archive
libc_pic.a(_sbrk.so): Alias definition of symbol `_sbrk' (multiply defined)
libc_pic.a(_brk.so): Alias definition of symbol `_brk' (multiply defined)
setjmp.so: warning: reference to compatibility sigreturn(); include <signal.h> for correct reference
glob.so: warning: reference to compatibility lstat(); include <sys/stat.h> to generate correct reference
glob.so: warning: reference to compatibility stat(); include <sys/stat.h> to generate correct reference
fts.so: warning: reference to compatibility stat(); include <sys/stat.h> to generate correct reference
fts.so: warning: reference to compatibility lstat(); include <sys/stat.h> to generate correct reference
libc_pic.a(brk.so): Definition of symbol `_brk' (multiply defined)
libc_pic.a(sbrk.so): Definition of symbol `_sbrk' (multiply defined)
*** Error code 1

Stop.

|   Paul Goyette  | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer|  BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| & kernel hacker |  91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |