Subject: Re: GNOME stability
To: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/25/2000 01:53:04
On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Dr. Rene Hexel wrote:
>   Weird.  While some older versions of gnome used to be a bit unstable,
> I can't confirm this for the current version.  I have an uptime (with
> gnome) of over two weeks on the machine I'm writing this mail on ...

Just an example:

Open the GNOME Control Center, click an item on the tree on the left,
then close the control center. Segmentation fault.

I don't remember any more easily repeatable ones off-hand, but I'm sure
that more exist; I just installed GNOME 1.2 and haven't checked how bad
it is but with the latest 1.0 release I was always cleaning .core files
from my home directory.

Jared