Subject: ifconfig ep0 hang in -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/23/2000 01:54:51
Hi, y'all.  I posted to current-users this morning about a hang
when I try to ifconfig my 3com (ep0) PCMCIA card under -1.5A.  The
last kernel that I have that will work with this card is 1.4Y from
the 5/5-ish snapshot.  That one works great.

It appears that what I'm seeing is an uncleared interrupt and an
infinite loop in epintr.  If I enable some debug code (and add a
dump of the status value), I see that it's looping with status ==
0x2001.  It looks like that's a valid "no interrupt" message.

When I used this card in the laptop before I upgraded to -current, I
was using pcmcia "card irq 5".  The INSTALL kernel from the floppy
uses card irq 9.

A Baystack 650 seems to work fine--I can ifconfig the interface, etc.,
but I can't seem to talk to the other Baystack 650 in the same room.
(This is my first experience playing with the cards, so I probably
have the configuration wrong).

Anyone have any ideas?

-allen