Subject: Re: CD-RW/i386/current
To: Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 06/20/2000 14:11:37
On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 01:06:32PM +0300, Jukka Marin wrote:
> I'm finally going to get a CD-RW drive.  Because of price, I'm going to
> give a try to an ATAPI drive (although I was told by some NetBSD users
> that I want an SCSI drive :-)
>
> I believe I can work with CD-RW discs with the pkgsrc tools without
> problems?

I finally got a HP 9110i drive and installed it (temporarily) in an old
pentium system.  I built mkisofs and cdrecord-current from pkgsrc and
everything's working fine.  I don't have local disk for data, so I ran
cdrecord over NFS - even that worked fine.  I have burned both CD-RW and
CD-R disks.

Thanks to all who responded to my original questions.

  -jm