Subject: Re: cvsup.pasta.cs.uit.no working?
To: Mark Davies <mark@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
From: Feico W. Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/19/2000 01:14:05
On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 02:06:49PM +1200, Mark Davies wrote:
> Does anyone know what the status of cvsup from pasta is?  I know they were
> having some problems a little while back.  I've been trying to update my current
> from there but since about Friday I've been successfully connecting to them
> but the collections have not updated.

I have been on a holiday for two weeks and just got back, so I am not
fully up to date yet. We seem to be struck with a double hardware
problem, of which one has been eliminated (broken processor fan). The
other is a disk locking up. We will try to replace that disk tomorrow
and hope that will put an end to the misery. I just noticed that the
collections were not updated automatically anymore, probably to avoid a
hanging server at night when nobody is present to kick the machine. The
sources are being updated right now and hopefully after tomorrow the normal
updates will be run again. Apologies for the inconveniences of the
past few weeks.

Feico Dillema.