Subject: Re: CD-RW/i386/current
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
List: current-users
Date: 06/16/2000 08:55:29
Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com> writes:

> Yes, you really do [want SCSI].  Plextors are great, but I'm having
> pretty good success with a Yamaha CD-RW.

I've got a SCSI Yamaha CD-RW (it says "4x4x16" on the front; I don't
know what model it actually is, but can take the machine apart to
check if it's relevant).  It's giving me a bit of boot-time trouble:

ahc1 at pci0 dev 6 function 0
ahc1: interrupting at irq 9
ahc1: aic7880 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 16/255 SCBs
scsibus1 at ahc1 channel 0: 16 targets, 8 luns per target
[...]
ahc1: target 4 using 8bit transfers
probe(ahc1:4:0): SCB 1d - timed out in Command phase, SEQADDR == 0x155
SCSIRATE == 0x0
probe(ahc1:4:0): BDR message in message buffer
probe(ahc1:4:0): SCB 1d - timed out in Command phase, SEQADDR == 0x155
SCSIRATE == 0x0
probe(ahc1:4:0): no longer in timeout, status = 0
ahc1: Issued Channel A Bus Reset. 1 SCBs aborted

Does this ring any bells?  The drive is alone on that SCSI bus, btw.

-tih
--
Human speech is like a cracked tin kettle, on which we hammer out tunes
to make bears dance when we long to move the stars.  --Gustave Flaubert