Subject: Re: nroff/troff tutorial?
To: Current NetBSD users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/15/2000 21:24:33
[ On Wednesday, June 14, 2000 at 14:31:02 (+0300), Antti Kantee wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: nroff/troff tutorial?
>
> While were going off topic with troff, does anyone have good pointers to
> information about writing overheads with troff? I'm especially looking
> for some intelligent way to create landscape documents.

Once upon a time the AT&T Documentor's Workbench included macros
explicitly designed for producing overheads (-mv).

However this works much much much better:

	# cd /usr/pkgsrc/textproc/lout; make install

Seriously though you should get the most recent release -- the one in
pkgsrc is vastly out of date and the new release makes some important
lower-level changes that make it much more powerful (new tables, etc.)

Lout has a "slides" document style and though they don't appear by
default to work in landscape mode it's not hard to do such things to any
document in lout (i.e. rotate the galley and adjust the page size as
necessary).

--
							Greg A. Woods