Subject: Re: Changing MAC addresses?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js1.jsnet>
List: current-users
Date: 06/15/2000 21:13:39
> I wrote a note to port-alpha about changing the MAC address used by de0
> and/or ex0.  This produced quite a bunch of responses; herewith a
> collection of relevant bits and my own replies to them.

I suggest taking a look at whatever linux does. I had to change my mac
address on a machine that i preferred to use on my cable modem a year ago
as the dhcp was tied to the mac address. Their ifconfig had the capability
to set the mac address. It also seems to me that netbsd USED to be able
to do this with ifconfig a good time ago and lost the capability somewhere.

--
Joseph Sarkes		jsarkes@tiac.net