Subject: Re: BSD/OS ELF binaries?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/15/2000 13:41:47
On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Peter Seebach wrote:

: Is anyone currently trying to get these to run?  I know the obvious targets
: (Netscape) are still static, but I'm guessing that dynamically linked ELF
: binaries will start showing up, and certainly statically linked ones are
: becoming an issue.  e.g., the JDK stuff is all ELF binaries.

And ncftpd is available for BSD/OS 3.x/4.x in ELF.

AFAIK (but our BSDI contact[s] on this list should, please, correct me),
BSD/OS now has a divergent syscall list from NetBSD, and it may be
beneficial to split out BSD/OS binaries into a separate emulation.  Note
that O*BSD has already coded a method to do this.

The binaries themselves will load and attempt to run, but I don't have the
BSD/OS dynamic linker to use, in order to find kernel differences.

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)