Subject: netbsd.org is unresolved
To: None <current-users@mail.netbsd.org>
From: Paul Newhouse <newhouse@totalarchive.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/15/2000 09:13:35
Platform i386 (among others)

Apologies if I'm wasting everybodies time with some thick headed idiotic mistake.

On 06/12/2000 10:38:11 Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de> wrote:

>P.S: It is current-users@netbsd.org and not current-users@mail.netbsd.org

When I post to mail.netbsd.org the posts show up in the archives.  When I
send to netbsd.org the mail just dissapears (I never get a failure back it just
never shows up in the archives).

I register my rockhead e-mail address for current-users (and a couple more) and
I never get the confirmation requests.

I recently had to rebuild my firewall after a harddisk failure, maybe I'm doing
something wrong BUT, I find that a number of DNS's can't resolve netbsd.org.

    > netbsd.org
	Server:  ns1.rockymtn.net
	Address:  166.93.1.3

	*** ns1.rockymtn.net can't find netbsd.org: Non-existent host/domain

    > netbsd.org
	Server:  proxy1.stcla1.sfba.home.com
	Address:  24.1.4.12

	*** proxy1.stcla1.sfba.home.com can't find netbsd.org: Non-existent host/domain

	> netbsd.org
	Server:  baygate.bayarea.net
	Address:  204.71.212.2

	> netbsd.org
	Server:  NS.AUTONO.NET
	Address:  209.48.2.11

	*** NS.AUTONO.NET can't find netbsd.org: Non-existent host/domain

So what's what's up here???!!  I've tried this from work and from several friends
machines with different ISP's and they all see the same thing (or don't see the
samething, however that's said correctly).  I get plenty of mail from other sources
and a number spammers seem to be able to find me.

Confused as always,
Paul Newhouse

newhouse@rockhead.com
piminx@home.com