Subject: Re: CD-RW/i386/current
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/15/2000 11:26:39
At 12:12 PM 6/15/00 +0200, Bernd Sieker wrote:
>I think you should have the buffer disk at the other IDE channel than
>the CD-RW drive.

That's what I do and it works just fine recording at 8x.

>And "some NetBSD users" are right, in fact you really
>want a SCSI drive :) The price difference is not as big as it is for
>disks.

Unless you don't already have a SCSI controller (and the controller
included with the drive, if any, isn't supported by NetBSD).

What's the deal with disconnect on IDE anyway? I recall something being
said about it awhile back, but don't remember the details - do most IDE
devices support it, or not?