Subject: Re: CD-RW/i386/current
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/15/2000 12:12:43
On 15.06.00, 13:06:32, Jukka Marin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm finally going to get a CD-RW drive.  Because of price, I'm going to
> give a try to an ATAPI drive (although I was told by some NetBSD users
> that I want an SCSI drive :-)
>
> I believe I can work with CD-RW discs with the pkgsrc tools without
> problems?

U ise mkhybrid, cdrecord, gcombust and cdrdao for CD-R and can de
pretty much everything I want. I don't think it's much different for
CD-RW.

I think you should have the buffer disk at the other IDE channel than
the CD-RW drive. And "some NetBSD users" are right, in fact you really
want a SCSI drive :) The price difference is not as big as it is for
disks.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD - the devil finds work for idle cycles.
		-- Julian Assange